JaV's Cunt - 2018
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourney Start

Go down

Tourney Start Empty Tourney Start

Post by Admin Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:57 am

So! We've got 48 players which is great! Better turn out than I expected. I've got a few notes for you, so please read this.

We'll have 6 groups with 8 players in each group. I will announce the groups and the first mappack+rules for week one later today. (I'll be posting a youtube video on my channel).

If a player does not show up in the first week of the tourney, they will be given a warning (unless you contact me saying why you cant show up). If the same player does not show up in the second week also, they will be replaced by one of the reserve players.
Please remind everyone you know that the tourney is starting this week! (Especially if they are not following the tourney on youtube or facebook).

Having 48 players will make the knockout stage a little awkward, but I've worked something out and I'll try explain the best I can:
The 4 highest ranked players (out of 8 ) will go through to the knockout stage. (in the event of a tie in match points, see section 3.3 of the rules).
This means that 24 players make it to the knockout stage. Players who are ranked first in their respective groups (6 players), and the two highest second ranked players (2 players) out of all the groups (decided by their match points) will skip the first round of knockout stage (total 8 players).
Note: The first ranked players of each group will always skip the first round of knockout, even if, for example, the first ranked player in group 1 has less match points than the second ranked players of other groups.

So this means that 16 players will play in the first round of the knockout stage (the 4 other second ranked players + 6 third ranked + 6 fourth ranked).
The 4 second ranked players will be randomly assigned with fourth ranked players. The remaining 8 players will be randomly assigned matches amongst themselves.
In the second week, the 8 players who won in the first week will be randomly assigned with one of each of the 8 players who skipped the first week.
In the third week (quarter finals) the 8 players who won in the second week will play each other (note, if week 2 was 1v1, you will know who your opponent will be, but if it was 2v2, the players get shuffled (see rules)).
The fourth week (semi finals) will DEFINITELY be 1v1 (see rules) with the 4 players who won in week 3.
The fifth week in the grand finals + 3rd place playoff.

The prize money for the tourney has spiraled up to nearly 150k. Please keep sending donations in! I have put some preliminary estimates for 1st/2nd/3rd and some spot prizes in the prizes/donations section.

Good luck!
JaV
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://javsnadeotournament.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down